How to clean your OiOi baby products
Posted on April 08 2020
In the world of babies, it is inevitable that your baby gear will experience many accidental spills & spit ups. From a banana left in a forgotten pocket of your nappy bag to a disastrous brown-green explosion in a baby romper, we have heard it all!
Our nappy bags, pram accessories and bamboo clothing have been designed with this in mind. All OiOi products have been designed with premium materials and are as easy to clean as possible.
We have put together a guide on caring for your baby gear so that they will last many years and can be sold or passed on to other parents.
You can quickly jump to:
You have invested in the nappy bag of your dreams and it is natural to want to look after it!
All of our nappy bags are made from premium quality materials. They have been independently tested to comply with international standards REACH & CPSIA and are free from Lead Content, Formaldehyde Content (Fabric), Phthalates and Arylamines. We also use YKK zippers for all of our products.
Each bag has a water-resistant finish on the lining inside the bag as well as the outer materials. This includes our authentic leather range.
General care instructions for Faux Leather designs:
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun or leaving your nappy bag in hot cars for long periods of time
- Avoid sharp edges/surfaces that may damage your bag
- Do not submerge your bag in water
How to remove smells or mould from inside your nappy bag:
A forgotten banana left too long inside your bag, spilt milk or baby wee explosion?
We recommend our Luxe Multi Clean Antibacterial spray which is safe for all types of leather & fabrics.
For tailored advice, please email us email@example.com
How to clean Faux Leather designs:
Clean the material with a soft and dry cloth.
Stains can be cleaned with a lightly damp cloth and mild soap. Please wipe the stain in a soft, circular motion.
Do not use a leather care cream on your Faux Leather bag as this is not an animal product/does not react the same way.
Do not submerge in water.
How to clean nylon designs:
Using a damp cloth, wipe or spot clean. Use a small amount of detergent diluted with warm water. For best results, spot clean as soon as the spill occurs.
How to clean your Authentic Leather designs:
Please use a leather care cream for these designs.
For the lining, spot clean per general nappy bag care instructions.
How to clean your included baby accessories:
If your OiOi accessories are starting to look a bit yuck, they are quick and easy to make good as new again following these instructions:
- Baby change mat – gentle machine wash and line dry
- Insulated bottle holder – gentle machine wash and line dry
- PVC case – rinse in soapy water
- Stroller clips – spot clean per nappy bag material instructions
General care instructions:
- Please do not put your nappy bag in the washing machine or immerse in water.
- Please do not use baby wipes to clean your nappy bag - the fragrance on the wipes can cause the water-resistant finish to break down.
- We do not recommend overstuffing your bag.
Cleaning your pram caddy (also known as stroller organiser) is a very similar process to cleaning your nappy bag.
It is likely that your caddy is likely to be filled with crumbs from on the go snacks or general dirt so be sure to tip it upside down before spot cleaning. Further, to make it easier to reach all of the spaces in your stroller organiser, we recommend that you remove the two partitions.
Portable nappy wallets that include a change mat are much more environmentally friendly than disposable change mats as they can be used again and again.
Reusable designs also have many features that make nappy changes much more convenient:
- Thicker & plusher than disposable designs so baby will be comfortable wherever you change them
- Come with pockets to keep all of your nappy change essentials with you on the go - the rash cream will never be forgotten again!
Although disposable change mats are very fuss-free when on the go as you can simply throw them into the bin once you are finished with them, baby travel change mats are also quick and easy to use when out and about as they are wipe-clean. Simply use one of your baby wipes for a quick clean up job.
Every now and then, you may want to give your nappy wallet a big refresh so it is as beautiful as it was when you first bought it. Simply follow these steps:
- Empty your nappy wallet
- Tip your nappy wallet upside down & around to get rid of any debris
- Wipe it down using some warm and soapy water then lay it down to dry
- Once dry, spray the mat with a deodorising spray such as Glen 20 when you are back at home to keep your changing mat nice and fresh
All OiOi pram liners are made from a unique poly-twill water resistant fabric which is very easy to clean. Some of our designs also have a poly-fleece reverse.
For a quick fix, you can simply wipe down your pram liner with a damp cloth or when on the go a tissue or wipe should do the job on the poly-twill side.
Cleaning your pram liner using the washing machine:
Our machine washable pram liners will spring back into shape & retain the vibrancy of the print after many washes.
Simply put your pram liner on a gentle machine wash & line dry. Be mindful of the following when washing your pram liner:
- Use a mild detergent
- Use a gentle or delicates washing machine cycle
- Do not use any bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not leave your pram liner to dry under any awnings that may drip water
Viscose from bamboo is a lightweight material that has many benefits for mother and baby including being hypoallergenic, soft & stretchy. Further, our bamboo baby clothing is pre-washed so colours will not fade with use.
Due to the delicate nature of your bamboo baby clothing, we recommend following these care instructions for your garments:
What is the best way to wash bamboo baby clothing?
- Delicate cycle (bonus points for using a delicate bag!)
- Turn off agitator if you have one
- With like fabrics or other delicates
- Inside out to decrease piling
- Zip it up to avoid pilling
What is the best way to dry bamboo baby clothing?
- Lay flat to air dry (as hang drying can stretch the fabric out)
- A drying rack is a great option!
General care instructions for bamboo babywear:
- Always check any clothing item for loose threads and snip them when you see them
- Store in clean, dry places
- If you have sized-up your garment to wear in a few months time, ensure you store it in a place where hungry moths won’t get to it!
When in doubt, please reach out!
If one of the above methods didn't work for you, please send an email of your stubborn stain to firstname.lastname@example.org before attempting any other methods so that we can give you the right advice. Be mindful that if you do not follow the instructions on the tag or provided on this article we are unable to honour our warranty on manufacturing faults.